Concert Preparation: Second Semester
Review the three artists and their music.
- Look at SG47 and have students find the artists and regions represented on the map.
- What do you remember about the artists and their music?
- Listen to each song.
- Brainstorm with students about how to be active listeners, enthusiastic performers, and successful audience members during the concert.
Prepare for the surprise songs.
- At the concert, each of the artists will sing a surprise song that the students have not heard or studied. These songs are selected to complement the two songs in the curriculum and to provide students with an active listening experience as they encounter new music for the first time in a concert setting.
- Explain to students that they are in for some exciting surprises during the concert because there will be three songs that they have never heard before.
- Ask students to guess what the surprise songs by each artist will be like.
- Will they be fast or slow? Quiet or loud?
- Will there be movement or dancing?
- Explain that you will be seeing how much they remember about the surprise songs after the concert.
- Discuss the overall concert experience.
- Discuss the surprise songs.
- What surprise songs do you remember?
- What do you remember about these songs? Were they slow or fast, long or short? Was there movement to do? Was there any part that you sang along with?
- Which was your favorite surprise song and why?
After the concert, ask students to draw a picture of a favorite moment (SG48) and write a letter to their favorite artist (SG49). Share these letters with Gino, Dan, and Hollie and Bernard c/o Savannah Music Festival, 200 East Saint Julian Street, Suite 601, Savannah, Georgia 31401.
SG47 ↓ Download File
SG48 ↓ Download File
SG49 ↓ Download File