Concert Experience Fall 2022
Review the three artists and their music.
- Look at SG 6–7 and have students find the countries or regions represented on the map.
- What do you remember about the artists and their music?
- Listen to each song.
- Brainstorm with students about how to be active listeners, enthusiastic performers, and successful audience members during the concert.
Prepare for surprise songs.
- During the concert, each of the artists will sing a surprise song that the students have not heard or studied. These songs are selected to complement the two songs in the curriculum and to provide
- students with an active listening experience as they encounter new music for the first time in a
- concert setting.
- Explain to students that they are in for some exciting surprises during the concert because there will be three songs that they have never heard before.
- Ask students to guess what the surprise songs by each artist will be like.
- Will they be fast or slow? Quiet or loud?
- Will there be movement or dancing?
- Explain that you will be seeing how much they remember about the surprise songs after the concert.
Get ready for your concert using SG 22.
After the Concert
- Discuss the overall concert experience.
- Discuss the surprise songs.
- What surprise songs do you remember?
- What do you remember about these songs? Were they slow or fast, long or short?
- Was there movement to do? Was there any part that you sang along with?
- Which was your favorite surprise song and why?
- Reflect on your concert experience by completing the activities on SG 23–SG 24.
- Share your students’ reflections by emailing them to email@example.com.