Unit 2: Opera with Rebecca
Find Rebecca’s Hometown
Melody now takes us on a journey to Pooler, Georgia, to meet our next musician, Rebecca.
Use page SG14 and help students do the following:
- Locate Carletha and Brenton’s hometown in Darien, Georgia.
- Locate Rebecca in Pooler, Georgia.
- Complete the activity.
- Opera 101: A Complete Guide to Learning and Loving Opera by Fred Plotkin
- A History of Opera: The Last 400 Years by Carolyn Abbate and Roger Parker
- La Traviata with Maria Callas and Giuseppe di Stefano (Warner Classics)
- Norma with Joan Sutherland and Marilyn Horne (Polygram Records)
- Visit savannahmusicfestival.org/watch-listen to hear live performances from opera singers such as Tara Erraught
Additional Teaching Resources:
- “Education at the Met” (including an educator guide for La Traviata, educational videos and other classroom resources) on Metropolitan Opera Education (metopera.org/Discover/Education)
- “Music and Science Curriculum” (including information on the anatomy of the singing voice) on San Diego Opera Education (sdopera.org/education/music-and-science)
SG14 ↓ Download File