Zydeco Music Unit Music Assessment
Identify the Instrument (Timbre)
Percussion family sound examples, available at savannahmusicfestival.org/musicalexplorers
1. Review the percussion family on SG45.
2. Show students a picture of a triangle.
3. Using sound examples on savannahmusicfestival.org/musicalexplorers, ask students to raise their hands when they hear the instrument.
4. Repeat with frottoir, drums, and cymbal.
5. Next, without showing students a picture, ask them to identify the sound of a triangle.
6. Repeat with frottoir, drums, and cymbal.
SG45 ↓ Download File